Since launching the Reimagine Community / #DRG4P campaign, we have participated in a D’Real for County Prosecutor exploratory committee, schedule over one hundred sixty-minute Reimagine Community meetings, and collaborated with the City of Ypsilanti Community-Police Relations Sub-committee to deposit community goodwill. With only thirty days remaining until Election Day, consider helping offset outreach costs so that we can keep the campaign running. We always need help to make our work happen and hope that you’ll consider resource sharing, or, making an electronic donation at any level, or reviewing the wish list below for ideas about what we can most use. Thank you!
Reimagine Community / #DRG4P’s Wish List
We’re always accepting the following contributions. And can promise to put them to good use right away.
- First class postage stamps
- Reimagine Community / #DRG4P graphic design support
- Gas cards for candidate travel to Washtenaw County-based forums, etc.
- Gift cards to grocery stores like Dos Hermanos, Whole Foods, or Ypsilanti Food Co-op.
- $30 covers one afternoon of healthy snacks at one of our Q&As!
- Gift cards to office supply stores or general merchandise stores like VGKids, United Sonz, or Meijer.
- Yard Signs
- Venue space (for Q&As, Voter Registration Drives, etc.)
- Recommendations / Endorsements
- Convertible backpack pannier, waxed canvas bicycle bag — black
Reimagine Community / #DRG4P’s Maybe List
From time to time and under the right circumstances, the following items are also helpful. Please consult with the Reimagine Community Campaign Manager, Darius Simpson before bringing us or purchasing for us any of these items.
- Electronic equipment
- Online marketing tools
- Old data (re: corrections, law enforcement, public safety)
Reimagine Community / #DRG4P’s No Thank you List
We’re so grateful that people think of us when they come across these items, but we can’t put them to good use or have them in abundance already.
- Negative attitudes
- Unsolicited opinions
- Most political norms
- “White fragility” or complicity/microagressions
- MLK Quotes