to provide an engaging, magical, and educational writing environment wherein students can be reminded of and introduced to the creative process and the art of the possible. To promote self-expression and build self-confidence, to develop a voice and self-efficacy around the practice of writing, to help students self-identify as writers and people who enjoy writing, and to increase their sense of belonging to a writing community.
Workshops at 826michigan are designed to:
- foster creativity
- strengthen writing skills
- provide students (ages 6-18) with a forum for executing projects they might not otherwise have the support to undertake
- generate enthusiasm for writing and learning
- help students to understand their own writing processes, including revision
- be playful to the practical
- engage volunteer writers, artists, educators, and publishing professionals in our community
Learn more here.